Sunday, May 29, 2022

Review: Together We Burn

Together We Burn Together We Burn by Isabel Ibañez
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
This book sounded very interesting, and I was excited to read it. But I just could not get into it. I had a hard time connecting with the characters, and the pacing felt very slow. It seemed like the author was spending too much time carefully crafting the setting and descriptions, that actual events and action and plot points got left by the wayside. I love immersive descriptions and usually think that they add wonderful layers and depth to books. But in this case, all of the similes and adjectives and metaphors and everything began to border on florid and repetitious. It was too much. I got really tired of how burning hot the sand was and dazzling the dresses were and...etc. I needed more focus on the plot and the characters.

View all my reviews

No comments: