Sunday, May 15, 2022

Review: Twin Crowns

Twin Crowns Twin Crowns by Catherine Doyle
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I tried with book, but I just didn't like it at all. The story of two twin princesses, separated at birth, was juvenile, stilted, and boring. The word choice and way the characters talked felt robotic and jerky. It was like they were reciting what a 12-year-old imagines a "cool" fairy tale princess would say. Either be snarky and irreverent or proper and formal--it's almost impossible to pull off both, and usually when authors try, it just sounds cringy.
Because of the dialogue I just couldn't connect to the characters. Rose especially just felt like a caricature and was more than a little bit unlikeable.
I would not recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: