Monday, December 3, 2018

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2)

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

While I really enjoyed the first book in this series, I thought this book was even better. The characterizations, story, and setting completely drew me in and I did not want it to be over.
Although Feyre managed to survive her ordeal Under the Mountain, she did not come out unscathed, and her relationship with Tamlin has also been affected. Feyre finds herself caught up in the dealings of the Spring Court without any moorings, and is in danger of losing herself completely. Her one anchor is the bargain made with Rhysand, even though it was made while she was desperate and seemingly without hope. When Feyre is forced to join Rhysand at his court, she finds that her beliefs about Rhys, Tamlin, and the High Fae may be wrong. She must decided for herself how to forge her own future now that she has the power to do so.
I found the relationship that Feyre had with Tamlin to be believable, and I enjoyed with way the relationship the Rhysand grew in an organic way. The new secondary characters we were introduced to were very likable and well-thought-out. Maas expanded on the world she created in the first book of the series to completely envelop the reader in the various courts and landscapes of the book.
Feyre's experiences with Amarantha changed her in ways that were explored and explained very well, and made her even more real. The progress she made on her own, as well as with the patient help of Rhysand, really added dimension to the story.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed this book even more than the first, and cannot wait to begin the third installment. I would recommend this book (and series) to anyone who enjoys YA, Romance, and Fantasy.


View all my reviews

No comments: