Sunday, July 10, 2022

Review: The Bodyguard

The Bodyguard The Bodyguard by Katherine Center
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I loved this book! And it's been a long time since I've said that about a Contemporary Romance, or a Romance in general! This book was just fun. I enjoyed the characters, the plot was not too far-fetched, and the dialogue didn't make me roll my eyes. This was like the great rom-com movies they used to make.
Hannah is an Executive Protection Agent--bodyguard--and is coming off a very bad breakup with a co-worker, when her boss gives her a new assignment: incredibly hunky actor Jack Stapleton. Hannah has seen most of his movies but is determined to not let his good-looks or dazzling persona distract her from doing her job. Problems arrive however when Jack tells Hannah she's going to have to pose as his girlfriend to keep his sick mother's stress-level down. Hannah will have quite the job to do, protecting her client AND protecting her heart.
I just really enjoyed reading this book. It hit all of the rom-com notes without being cheesy or annoying. No one got on my nerves, everyone (maybe except Hank) felt real, and the actions and decisions of the characters felt organic. I was rooting for Hannah and Jack from the very beginning and their relationship was sweet and mature, never falling into trite or unbelievable territory.
If you are looking for a well-written movie-script worthy romance, definitely check this book out!!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

SundownCityLibrary said...

Met the author at Texas Library Association. She hand-crafted her own friendship pins--made me interested!