Friday, November 26, 2021

Review: Nanny Dearest

Nanny Dearest Nanny Dearest by Flora Collins
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I tried with this book, but I just did not like it. It was very slow, the characters were all unlikable, and by the end I just got to the point where I didn't care what happened to any of them. There were some things that were described in completely unnecessary, almost gory, detail, while other things that should have been important to the plot were left just hanging. I guess the reader is supposed to draw his or her own conclusions, but that only works if the reader cares enough about the characters and the story to spend time thinking about them once he or she is finished reading. And sadly, I did not. If a book is going to be "slow-moving," it needs to create the kind of atmosphere that keeps the reader engaged despite the lack of action. This book did not have that.
Annelise was fascinating, but completely unsympathetic. I tried to root for Suzy, but by the end I was just fed up with her. Every time I put the book down, I had no real feeling of urgency to return to the book. And I did not like the ending at all. I would not recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: