Monday, June 18, 2018

Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards #1)

Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)Wicked and the Wallflower by Sarah MacLean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't just love this book, but it wasn't bad, either. It was well-written and I did want to keep reading it. The character development could have been a bit better. The heroine underwent a slightly abrupt 180, and I never really quite understood the hero's motivations--the reader was told all about his history and the background of his personality, but I would rather have been shown. Throwing in random accent changes doesn't really do the trick. The plot was a bit questionable, and some points were kind of left hanging (although we did find out who was stealing the shipments, why was that important?).
Overall, this book was good. I am not sure if I will read another in this series.


View all my reviews

No comments: