Monday, June 18, 2018

The Duke Buys a Bride (The Rogue Files #3)

The first 2/3 of this book was 😍. The last 1/3 of this book was 😳😵😮.

The Duke Buys a Bride (The Rogue Files, #3)The Duke Buys a Bride by Sophie Jordan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I really enjoyed this book...until the last 1/3 to 1/4. For the most part it was a very sweet slow-burn romance with interesting identifiable characters. The initial "conflict" of the wife sale was slightly far-fetched but I was willing to suspend belief. I was really interested in the development of our hero & heroine's relationship. Plus, the "long journey in close proximity" is one of my favorite themes. However, once it came time for the "consummation" of their relationship, things got real raunchy real quick. I understand this is a historical romance novel and one should not read these if one is prude. But I've been reading this genre since high school and this one made me say, "Whoa!' The things they did, they words used, and the number of times they "did it" on just their first night together was just a bit much for me. I don't think I would recommend this book, just because the last bit was so jarring, and I am not sure that I will read another book by this author.


View all my reviews

No comments: