Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Review: My Darling Husband

My Darling Husband My Darling Husband by Kimberly Belle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I am rounding up a bit, but I enjoyed this book. It was an interesting thriller about a mother, Jade, and her two children who are taken hostage in their own home by a masked intruder. Jade learns that the man who invaded her home wants an oddly specific amount of money from her very rich husband, and the man wants the money in an almost impossible amount of time. Jade begins to wonder if her husband is hiding terrible secrets all while trying to find a way to keep her children and herself safe.
This author did a good job of ratcheting up tension while letting the story unfold. Jade had enormous rooting value and Cam was a compelling character, despite all of the mistakes he made. I enjoyed the way the story was told through Jade's point-of-view, Cam's point-of-view, and a TV interview after the fact.
This book really reminded me of another book, Mother May I. If you like domestic suspense, thrillers, and mysteries, I would recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: