Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Lionhearts (Nottingham: #2)

LionheartsLionhearts by Nathan Makaryk
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in this series and was very excited to read this one. It followed along with the story of the first book, allowing the reader to see what many of the characters were doing as a result of the tumultuous actions in the first installment. Some of the characters are unlikeable; some of they do things that you want to yell at them about; some of them make decisions based on what they think is best when you wish they would do something completely different.
I would only recommend reading this book if you have read the first one. And I would re-read the first one right before reading this one. Without a clear memory of the characters, their motivations, and their past actions, the reader will miss out of subtleties that will really add to the enjoyment and understanding of what is happening.


View all my reviews

No comments: