Thursday, August 27, 2020

The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors: #3)

The Princess and the Rogue (Bow Street Bachelors, #3)The Princess and the Rogue by Kate Bateman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this book.
The premise of this book was very promising, but it just fell flat for me. I couldn't quite connect to the characters. Anya didn't feel very organic--the constant mentions of how things were in Russia, how people treated her in Russia, what her life had been like in Russia, etc., seemed crammed in at unnatural places and came across to me as awkward; they always took me out of the story. I also didn't really like the hero. Sebastien's actions during his first meeting with Anya were not very pleasant, and didn't get much better. He seemed to demand lots of things from her that she didn't really want to give. And then all of a sudden they couldn't keep their hands off each other. Their actions just didn't seem to ring true. I was not a fan of this book.


View all my reviews

No comments: