Monday, October 28, 2019

In Search of Truth (Deadly Force: #3)

In Search of Truth (Deadly Force #3)In Search of Truth by Sharon  Wray
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This had the bones to be a very good book. But it was not. From the very beginning, I felt like I was dropped into the story with little to no explanation about what was going on. Very strange circumstances and activities occurred that did not even cause the characters to bat an eyelash, which left me confused and not at all sure what was going on. As the story progressed, the plot became very cheesy and melodramatic, and glaring holes in the story emerged. How could a 7 year-old (who is writing a report for summer school [what 1st grader writes a report...for summer school?]) uncover obscure information about a pirate who died centuries before that a woman who has earned a PhD and is currently researching that same pirate had never come across? At that point the book just really started to go downhill for me. The characters never evolved or developed; they were very flat. And there were so many characters with random storylines that I got confused as to who was who, who was supposed to be a "bad guy," and what exactly was going on.
I really tried to like this book because the premise seemed interesting, and I love the setting, but it was just too disjointed and unrealistic for me (who continuously uses their fireplace in the middle of the summer in Charleston, SC?)


View all my reviews

No comments: