Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Girl Who Knew Too Much (Burning Cove #1)

The Girl Who Knew Too Much (Burning Cove, #1)The Girl Who Knew Too Much by Amanda Quick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wavered between 3 stars and 4 stars on this one. I liked it, but I did not love it. I enjoyed reading it, but it was not without its problems. Having read many books by Amanda Quick, I was interested in reading it (I even requested an ARC and did not get one), and I am glad I did.
Set in the 1930s, the reader is presented with a dead body, right off the bat. Our heroine must go on the run to hide from the killer, and ends up in Hollywood. When she finds what seems like a safe new life, she is confronted with another murder. Our heroine must solve the mystery while dodging its culprit along with the help of the owner of the ritzy hotel where the murder took place. When the press publishes a picture of her, the killer from the first murder is soon hunting her down.
Now, does that sound a bit confusing? It wasn't really, but the story was full of so many mysterious deaths, suspicious people, and nefarious criminals, that everything did get a bit convoluted. The end of the story, where ALL of the mysteries are tied up neatly, could have used some tightening up and adjustments with pacing.
Overall, however, it was a quick entertaining read. I will probably read the next in the series. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries, romance, 1930s Hollywood, and quick and light reads.


View all my reviews

No comments: